Remove 1999 Remove Community Remove Incubator Remove Programming
article thumbnail

Thank you to the Austin Technology Incubator at UT Austin for creating the Austin startup scene as…

Austin Startup

Thank you to the Austin Technology Incubator at UT Austin for creating the Austin startup scene as we know it! This is no exaggeration: Austin’s startup community would not have taken off without the solid foundation laid by the Austin Technology Incubator , the longest running active tech incubator in the United States.

article thumbnail

May Business Angels Spread Their Wings Over Kenya?

Transformify

Despite Kenya has been named as the fasted growing payments market in Africa, there is still a lot to be done to develop the local business angel community. The capital of Kenya, Nairobi, is a vibrant city offering various resources for young start – ups, including accelerator 88MPH and incubator i-Hub.

Kenya 45
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: New Assessment Tool For Entrepreneurs

ReadWriteStart

ShareVolution As for the pitches today, first, Daniel McPherson from Australia pitched ShareVolution , an app store for the Microsoft SharePoint community. He currently has a 1999 strategy. Thursday, July 28, 2011: Register Here And you can sign up for the 1M/1M premium program here.

Spain 115
article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

What will be covered in the full-day program? Unlike other incubator-led programs, this workshop is open to anyone who wants to learn, and it does not require companies take investment or give out equity. I joined a financial services tech startup in 1999. You can register for both dates on the new official signup page.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

Top 30 Startup Technology and Product Posts for September 2010

SoCal CTO

Coworking Spaces - A VC : Venture Capital and Technology , September 2, 2010 I've never been much of a fan of incubators. Betaworks is more than an incubator, but they have shown that they can make the incubation model work with projects like bit.ly They called that program Eatsy. Some have made the model work.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Craig Walker, co-founder and CEO of Firespotter Labs, a technology incubator, said it feels unnatural to bestow so much voting power on one executive. that did so in 1999 and 2000, according to an analysis for The Wall Street Journal by Jay R.

article thumbnail

When ice.com – a Top 500 Internet Retailer – Uses Mentors, You Should Too

Up and Running

Ice.com is a perfect example of an already successful company that is putting their relationship with Capital Factory – an Austin-based incubator and coworking space – to good use. Founded in 1999 in Montreal, Canada, ice.com was recently acquired by Round 2 Inc., He/she is respected in the community and the industry.