Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Software Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

Boston’s WebInno Is Now BIG

Genuine VC

Back in June, the local Boston tech community together celebrated the ten year anniversary of the Web Innovators Group, affectionately known as “WebInno.” In the mid-2000’s, there weren’t a lot of options to do so, as the ecosystem vibe still hadn’t recovered from the dot-com bubble burst.

Boston 100
article thumbnail

Introducing Codespace – shared (free!) office space in Boulder for geeking out

VC Adventure

Today there’s another new initiative launching to help young tech companies in our community – Trada is opening CodeSpace , a free co-working space dedicated to startup developers and software engineers. And in CodeSpace you don’t even have to buy coffee to camp out there (in fact the coffee is on Trada!).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Introducing Codespace – shared (free!) office space in Boulder for geeking out

VC Adventure

Today there’s another new initiative launching to help young tech companies in our community – Trada is opening CodeSpace , a free co-working space dedicated to startup developers and software engineers. And in CodeSpace you don’t even have to buy coffee to camp out there (in fact the coffee is on Trada!).

article thumbnail

SXSW 2017: Connecting The Great Disconnect

Austin Startup

Every person is a friend, a citizen, a member of a global community. I started to make a test out of how long I could go without telling people what I do when a subject so directly relevant to my work in community engagement came up. Siloing is so 2000 and late. It is a big f*n waste of time and I am done with it.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Sadly, many people in our society come from communities where they were never, or rarely, touched by their parents, family members, or friends or only experience touch through sex. I have been working with my Partners since November 2000. It was in year 2000 and my friend and I were young and ambitious. There’s a better way.

article thumbnail

Meet Manu Kumar, Chief Firestarter at K9 Ventures

K9 Ventures

We’re highlighting key members of the community to find out. Kumar was the Founder, President and CEO of SneakerLabs, a company which developed software and services for web-based customer interaction. We grew it to just under 20 people and were acquired at the height of the bubble in 2000.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

The generally accepted hourly wage calculation used by the staffing industry is Annual Salary divided by 2000 Hours. If you sum up these costs and divide them by 2000 Hours then you are looking at $1.15 Adjust the annual average to what it should be on an hourly basis. So for someone making $70k that comes out to around $35/hr.