Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Global
article thumbnail

The 5 Hottest International Money Transfer Startups

The Startup Magazine

With technology facilitating the rapid globalization of the marketplace today, it’s no wonder that international money transfer startups are popping up to provide more payment options and autonomy to buyers and sellers alike. TorFX was founded in 2004. There are no transfer fees for sending 10,000 AUD to the UK. GBP on their end.

Somalia 87
article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

One of the earliest and most well-known of the Micro-VC funds was First Round Capital , founded in 2004 by Josh Kopelman , a former entrepreneur who sold Half.com to eBay in 2000. One other firm that doesn’t always get a lot of popular acclaim but has a ton of operational expertise & widely global reach is Rocket Internet.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Podcast Strategy: A Roadmap for Businesses

ConversionXL

The first shows were created in late 2003, and the term itself was coined in 2004 by combining “iPod” with “broadcasting.”. While global brands have seen success with podcasting, it’s easy to attribute that success to funding and momentum. A smart way to finance a podcast, or even a career, is to secure sponsors or advertisers.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

2- Worked closely with our most active community members. We worked extremely closely with our most active community members to name Commaful. A name that our community helped choose and really reflects the people who use the site today! My favorite number is 3 so that and shortened, 3LT is my favorite number plus my initials.

Naming 97
article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My strength was not in finance, so one of the first things I did was hire someone to handle the books and keep me on a solid financial path, so I could focus on running my business. I wanted to support the local community and stay in Thailand and I’ve been able to keep living abroad and traveling for the past three years.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Loading… Personal Finance. Personal Finance. ignited the current trend by adopting a dual-class voting structure before its IPO in 2004. Ritter, a finance professor at University of Floridas business school. Finance Jobs |.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. I never want renters to find themselves in my situation – scared, displaced and worried about my finances.