Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Public Relations
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Will Bachman.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Once I knew I definitely wanted to start a fashion boutique, I started talking about it to people and on social media platforms like Facebook, so people could hold me accountable. I started R Public Relations on a wing and a prayer, but my reputation in the public relations world has followed me to success.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Single Most Powerful Use of Social Media for Small Business.

Duct Tape Marketing

So, here’s my advice: If you’re looking for the single most powerful use of social media in your business follow this simple plan. That’s right, you can derive immense benefit through social media tools without actually doing much more than listening. Note: There have been some updates since I published th.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

As a communicator and storyteller, I put a premium on seeking out the core values and truths about the clients that I work with and tie these core aspects into every story that we tell. 15-I wanted an ocean-related name. I knew I wanted an ocean-related name for my new company. Thanks to Joe Garraffo, Efferent Media ! #19-

Naming 54
article thumbnail

5 great viral marketing campaigns (and what small businesses can learn from them!)

crowdSPRING Blog

At crowdSPRING we talk a great deal about how we can leverage our limited marketing resources to drive traffic and revenues and build strong community. Other tactics leverage partnerships with other businesses to create mutual value and introduce our respective communities to one another’s services or product offering.

Viral 107
article thumbnail

Wednesday Guest Stars :: Small Business Marketing Blog from Duct.

Duct Tape Marketing

Jason Falls Jason Falls is a social media strategist, thinker, speaker and educator. He also offers a question-and-answer and learning community at ExploringSocialMedia.com. Shama is a bestselling author with her book - The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue.

article thumbnail

What the musically-charged Dreamforce 2013 taught us about running a company

The Next Web

Just when you think Dreamforce is all fun and games, you see Benioff on stage with former supermodel Petra Nemcova as she talks about losing her fiancé in the 2004 Asian Tsunami and dedicating her life to helping others. Every year, the media will try to pigeonhole companies as being limited to certain types of consumers.