Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Lean
article thumbnail

Bringing Lean Startup to Life at GE

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Sarah Milstein, co-host of The Lean Startup Conference. At a party in NYC recently, I was challenged by a VC to name the biggest company currently using Lean Startup practices. Although everyone knows GE, Beth is new to many people in our community, so we’ve created a backgrounder for you.

Lean 167
article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Another topic we debated early in the program was “lean startup” vs. “ fat startup ” where we both took the obvious hedge and said “it depends.” But truthfully both Dana and I are more aligned with the lean startup principles and believe you only go FAT when you’ve really proved out your product / market fit.

Partner 240
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

Being an outsider, I also wanted to lean heavily on the actual research available on the subject, as well as the voices of women both in the tech space and who have successfully received venture funding. While private equity has a history in the U.S. It seems remiss, therefore, to not shed light on this issue.

article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Thursday, May 14, 2009 The Lean Startup Workshop - now an OReilly Master Class My rate of posting has been much lower lately, and this is mostly due to preparations for the upcoming Lean Startup Workshop on May 29. I have a lot of good news to report on this front. You can click here to learn more.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

Equity-Only CTO and Equity-Only Developers - SoCal CTO , November 1, 2010 I had a recent email dialog with the founder of a company looking for a CTO for their startup. The scene is the siren song of the innovation community. In 2008, we couldn’t find a technical co-founder for Yipit. But I don’t think so. Absolutely.

article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference Speaker Andy Rachleff on his 35 years in Silicon Valley, Wealthfront and telling stories

Startup Lessons Learned

Then in 2008, he had a revelation from his experience on the Penn endowment board about how to democratize investing advice and “accidentally” founded a new company to do it. Andy and I will be having a fireside chat at this year’s Lean Startup Conference in October. He’s currently the CEO of the company. It's a horrible risk/reward.

article thumbnail

@altgate » Blog Archive » Outsourcing For Startups

Altgate

For example, you can barter for a service or you can negotiate payment terms or even equity for service. Go direct and network your way to the people you need to meet or find them directly in the local community. The key is to get the outsourced team locked in for the long term and to build your own lean/agile culture.