Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Continuous Deployment Remove Developer
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, April 26, 2009 Product development leverage Leverage has once again become a dirty word in the world of finance, and rightly so. But I want to talk about a different kind of leverage, the kind that you can get in product development. Its a key lean startup concept. Yeah, weve got that.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Wednesday, August 26, 2009 Building a new startup hub Last week, I had a unique opportunity to spend some time in Boulder at the behest of TechStars. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage. Articulate, inspirational.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Please teach kids programming, Mr. President

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, February 22, 2009 Please teach kids programming, Mr. President Of course, what I really mean is: let them teach themselves. We also learned that law is code , and that leadership was needed to build thriving communities in a digital age. February 22, 2009 5:54 PM CapnCleaver said.

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, October 26, 2009 A real Customer Advisory Board A reader recently asked on a previous post about the technique of having customers periodically produce a “state of the company&# progress report. Anyone who has worked in a real-world product development team can tell you how utopian that sounds.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Lean hiring tips

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, January 19, 2009 Lean hiring tips In preparing for the strategy series panel this week, I have been doing some thinking about costs. In fact, unless you are adding capacity to a bottleneck in your development process, you probably should not be hiring at all. January 23, 2009 4:13 PM TS said.

Lean 140
article thumbnail

New conference website, speakers, agenda

Startup Lessons Learned

Each part of the program is organized around one phase of the Build-Measure-Learn feedback loop and begins with a keynote address from a heavy hitter: Steve Blank on Customer Development, Randy Komisar on "Getting to Plan B" and - a third person, not-yet-announced-but-extremely-cool-trust-me.

article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Thursday, May 14, 2009 The Lean Startup Workshop - now an OReilly Master Class My rate of posting has been much lower lately, and this is mostly due to preparations for the upcoming Lean Startup Workshop on May 29. May 14, 2009 4:53 AM James Spittal said. May 14, 2009 5:23 AM David said. Let me know.

Lean 60