Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Incubator
article thumbnail

[Event] [Singapore] Techventure 2011: A Sign of Increasing Asian Technology Innovation

YoungUpstarts

But those same words could easily be applied to the Singapore-based technology entrepreneurs present at Techventure 2011. Plans for more Singapore-based technology incubators. “The incubator managers have been actively making their investments in a good number of high quality startups,” says Dr Francis Yeoh, the CEO of NRF.

Singapore 198
article thumbnail

4 Best Websites To Apply For Accelerators And Incubators

YoungUpstarts

In recent years, startup accelerators and startup incubators have become the place of choice for any budding entrepreneurs to be the next unicorn. Though both startup accelerators and incubators are used to help nurture young companies, the two platforms have subtle differences. million of them in their database.

Incubator 127
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

May Business Angels Spread Their Wings Over Kenya?

Transformify

Despite Kenya has been named as the fasted growing payments market in Africa, there is still a lot to be done to develop the local business angel community. The capital of Kenya, Nairobi, is a vibrant city offering various resources for young start – ups, including accelerator 88MPH and incubator i-Hub. Sam Gichuru CEO at nailab.

Kenya 45
article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. The Boulder Entrepreneurial Community. The Beginning of the Next Wave (2003 – 2011).

Community 142
article thumbnail

The Evolution of Entrepreneurial Education and Corporate Innovation

Steve Blank

The easy part is, “Let’s have an incubator.” Philip Bouchard : You’ve started teaching at Berkeley since 2002, Columbia in 2003 and at Stanford since 2011. The other change is that universities, instead of being passive, have become active in building an entrepreneurial community.

Incubator 331
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

4 Best Websites to Apply for Acceleration and Incubation Programs

Kodorra

In recent years, startup accelerators and startup incubators have become the place of choice for any budding entrepreneurs to be the next unicorn. Though both startup accelerators and incubators are used to help nurture young companies, the two platforms have subtle differences. million of them in their database.