| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || || |
| || || |
| | STARTUPCFO
NOVEMBER 10, 2011 From demo day to dollars!
If you can agree on a deal with that person you can use that to get people on board. (photo courtesy of Heri at Montreal Tech Watch ).
| || || | VC CAFE
SEPTEMBER 6, 2011 10 Tips for Startups Raising Money from Angels
Deal structure – I could write a full post just on this, but some aspects that were brought up are the need to agree on a reasonable valuation, what investment vehicles are used (convertible debt vs stock, options and warrants and other non-dilutive mechanisms). 10 tips for raising money from business angels.
| || || || |
ALLEN'S BLOG allensblog: "Fully-Diluted"
| TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2011
Whats a Home Run (in VC-speak) » July 12, 2011
. In a deal
recently, the term sheet offered by the prospective investor contained a reference to the term: "fully-diluted" The company accepted the term sheet and the lawyers drafted the documents. allensblog. Thoughts from a startup sherpa. Archives. Profile. Subscribe. MORE >>
CHRIS DIXON Later-stage rounds and “setting the bar too high”
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2011
But in reality, assuming the standard preferred structure
, the last round investors’ payout is as follows : Scenario 1 : Dropbox exits for greater than $4B ==> investors get a positive return (specifically, exit price divided by $4B). They want to raise more money, and VCs are offering them money at a high valuation. startups MORE >>
MARK BIRCH Include Deal Terms or Not?
| TUESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2011
I had a discussion the other night with an entrepreneur about whether to include specific deal
terms in the pitch deck or investor meetings. There are seven main points to consider when talking about the structure
of the deal
: Raise – The amount of capital you are raising. Terms – Specific contractual elements governing deal
. MORE >>
FELD THOUGHTS Book: The Business of Venture Capital
| MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2012
In the fall of 2010 Mahendra Ramsinghani reached out to me by email about a new book he was working on called The Business of Venture Capital: Insights from Leading Practitioners on the Art of Raising a Fund, Deal Structuring
, Value Creation, and Exit Strategies. In June 2011
Mahendra sent me and Seth a final draft of the book. MORE >>
- Why Leave A Six Figure Corporate Job For Internet Entrepreneurship?
travelled all over the world wherever business deals
were happening, gained tremendous experience and exposure to the Corporate landscape, and learned invaluable life lessons in my career. worked out a similar deal
the next go around, and the snowball started rolling from there. It turns out Sunil has done a few things. Same as above. MORE >>
- Piercing the Corporate Veil of Sweat Equity GRASSHOPPERHERDER.COM | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011
- Walker Twitter Highlights: August 11th – 21st SCOTT EDWARD WALKER | MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2011
- Dialing for Dollars TAFFY WILLIAMS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2011
- Knowledge Is Power: Convertible Note Financing Terms, Part II GUST | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
- Knowledge Is Power: Convertible Note Financing Terms, Part IV GUST | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Startup Blog: 7 Questions You May Get from Potential Investors TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2011
- Knowing When It’s Time To Sell Your Startup YOUNGUPSTARTS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2012
- Cracking The Code: The Bessemer 10 laws of SaaS - Fall 2008. CRACKING THE CODE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2008
- Are Investors Being Unreasonable? - Startups and angels: Along the. TIM KEANE | THURSDAY, AUGUST 20, 2009
- Knowledge Is Power: Convertible Note Financing Terms, Part V GUST | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2011
StartUpRoar can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.