Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Curation Remove Media
article thumbnail

How to launch a crowdfunding campaign when time’s not on your side

The Next Web

After deciding to launch a crowdfunding campaign for our product, we landed on the date of December 16th, 2013. Community is the future for funding promising technological developments that people want and that larger, inflexible corporations are unwilling to build. get a social media intern. 2) Choosing the platform.

Campaign 142
article thumbnail

The Collaborative Web: Github is the New Flickr

This is going to be BIG.

Once with Docracy, once with a super cool company launching in the first quarter of 2013.). The features in Flickr seeded the consumer web gene pool for the following 7 or 8 years--tagging, favoriting, commenting, permalinks direct to content, newsfeeds, social consumption of media, sharing and embedding. Need to find a collaborator?

Web 127
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Create Internal Brand Ambassadors

Brandanew

Source: Content marketing institute, survey, 2013). They can enable your brand to reach the relevant target groups by exposure to their own niche communities. There’s no naming and shaming of the one person responsible for social media or content. Internal ambassadors are aware of your products and services.

article thumbnail

The ‘have you seen’ society

Start Up Blog

A community of finders, fans and agents. While curating the cool stuff has a value, and we all do it, there is a simple thing we should remember - Without creation than can be no curation. And curation is always subservient to what is being created. And curation is always subservient to what is being created.

Finder 76
article thumbnail

20 must-attend tech conferences for female entrepreneurs in 2014

The Next Web

PSFK presents a ‘curated collection of creative thinkers will present new ideas in design, innovation and storytelling to an audience of peers’ in New York City on April 11. Rakia Reynolds , Skai Blue Media. . The Summit is building a community of queer women in tech worldwide. Empact Showcase 2014. Women’s Summit.

Omaha 165
article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Eve Tokens, The Creative Curator. #3 In 2013, I sold my car and began building this business with my brother Jer and dear friend Jac. In the last couple of years as digital marketing has got more complex with social media and content playing an ever larger role I needed a team to help me cover all the bases.

article thumbnail

500 Startups unveils its Fall 2012 accelerator lineup: More international and more sh*t founders say

The Next Web

Club W: service that provides curated, personalized wine subscription. Hunie: community for designers to help them get feedback from their peers. Qual Canal: service that allows you to track conversations about TV shows in social media. Chewse: marketplace for groups to easily order great food. Iconfinder: site for icons.

Founder 136