Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Silicon Valley Remove Viral
article thumbnail

UGC Strategies to Boost Your Brand

Women Entrepreneurs Can

John Doerr of Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist’s calls it the “next wave of the web.” UGC also soared in the first quarter of 2020, amid the global pandemic that disrupted our lives. TikTok became a phenomenon with 115 million new downloads in March 2020 alone, making it an 800-million-strong social media platform.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship and Loneliness

Reid Hoffman

You’ve convinced an entire community to jump off the cliff with you. But even more terrifying is the fact that you’ve convinced an entire community of people you care about to throw themselves off the cliff with you. I also believe that one of the techniques that is underused in Silicon Valley is engaging a team coach.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #1: Sam Altman on resetting the clock cycle of biotech, investing in a cure and more

Startup Lessons Learned

Sam is one of the most prolific company builders in Silicon Valley. They need to reduce volatility, be more bearish on what might happen, and also prioritize their obligations towards their employees, communities and themselves as people. (29:24) Everyone's 2020 plans have been blown to hell.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #12: Curative founder Fred Turner and Celine Halioua on diagnostic supply chains, scaling up testing, and partnering with government

Startup Lessons Learned

There's been a real sense of community built in the company that I think has been helpful in getting everybody through. Tell us a little bit about how the company was founded and what you thought you were going to spend 2020 working on. Eric Ries : Celine, how about you? Celine Halioua : Yeah. Fred Turner : Yeah. What's going on?

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #5, ANA Therapeutics: a possible COVID-19 treatment and prophylactic

Startup Lessons Learned

51:36) Scientific background on niclosamide, what we know about how it works to stop viral replication. (52:48) But I think that, again, this is hindsight being 2020. (39:06) Differences between potential drug treatments that haven't panned out and niclosamide. (40:35) 43:26) Differences between coronaviruses and other viruses. (44:41)

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

He worked at an education startup here in Silicon Valley. Tomas Pueyo : Yeah, I started figuring out it was going to happen around the middle of February, and I was waiting for the cases to really start appearing in Silicon Valley. You have a day job here in Silicon Valley at an education technology company.