Remove Africa Remove Community Remove Naming Remove Restful
article thumbnail

23 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. 1- Our names. 3- My name+services we offer. My last name also happens to be “Way,” so it was an easy lead to “Way Solutions.”

Naming 101
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We have now grown into an overnight hit, as we had built up a huge community of black women with skin conditions years before even launching Topicals. I started my business because I was the victim of a horrible acquisition (can you name a good one?). We met up for coffee a few days later, and the rest is history. Jay Helms.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Hemafuse

Austin Startup

A demonstration of Hemafuse at the launch event with Amref Health Africa in Kenya. Right now, across parts of Sub-Saharan Africa, people are literally using a kitchen soup ladle and cheesecloth to salvage blood,” says Carolyn Yarina of Sisu Global Health , creator of Hemafuse. Carolyn Yarina , Co-Founder and CEO of Sisu Global Health.

article thumbnail

Upfront Ventures Adds Hamet Watt as New Investment Partner

Both Sides of the Table

He reached out to younger founders and offered to help via his network at AT&T, Google, media agencies … you name it. Hamet started his career in Venture Capital working for the first post-apartheid VC fund in South Africa. He has a lovely family – Joy and Zion – who are also active members of the LA community.

Partner 340
article thumbnail

StartupBus – Round 2, Part 2 – Mexico Storms San Antonio, Steals StartupBus Show – (Post #6)

Up and Running

That’s just how we roll in the Startup Community. So bueno in fact, I have to put the rest of the Semi Finals on hold to due a bloggy post solely on this south of the border autobús. Some guy named Humberto Ceballos is the “ documentarista “, whatever that means. All for one & one for all. Grow the Pie.

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #22: Ron Klain on pandemic response and preparedness, entrepreneurship, and rebuilding trust in institutions

Startup Lessons Learned

Earlier this week, Ron Klain was named President-Elect Biden's chief of staff. He was named President Obama's Ebola czar in 2014 and led a coordinated response to that disease, resulting in only 18 cases and 2 deaths in this country. We have to come to terms with the fact that this was a choice, as heartbreaking as it is to do so.