Remove America Remove Community Remove Global Remove Programming
article thumbnail

Visit to Case Foundation and Startup America

David Teten

On February 16, I visited Washington, DC, where I attended an HBS Club of DC lunch on the Case Foundation and Startup America. One of those partnerships is with Startup America , who was also featured at the lunch. Michael leads the Social Innovation team, which works with programs and grants. • Startup America is an example.

America 144
article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens. Technological Convergence – The global equity market value associated with disruptive innovation could increase to 60% by 2030. Generalizable robotics represent a $24 trillion-plus global revenue opportunity.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10,000 Startups – Startup Weekend Next

Steve Blank

Today we are announcing the biggest entrepreneurial program ever launched – Startup Weekend Next. A partnership of Startup Weekend , Startup America , TechStars and Udacity , Startup Weekend Next brings four weeks of amazing hands-on training learning to build your startup to cities around the world.

Startup 335
article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Olga Camargo Leads Latinas Fintech Advisory

The Startup Magazine

She launched her financial practice, FARO Associates LLC (Latina/woman-owned/Minority Business Enterprise), and new fintech project, SHENIX, on her culturally-relevant financial services research and community needs. Chicago Council on Global Affairs 2010 Emerging Leaders Program Selection. My own experience.

Founder 147
article thumbnail

2022 Predictions

Eric Friedman

With the advent of programs like CartaX and what I call streaming venture funds , the liquidity in private markets is going to get the foundation to grow significantly in 2021. America and the world got into high gear and I got vaccinated in April 2021 and even boosted. 5/ The rise of operator angels + micro VCs explodes in 2021.

article thumbnail

Why Has LA Suddenly Gotten So Much Attention from VCs and Entrepreneurs?

Both Sides of the Table

When my friend and the father of LA’s tech startup community Bill Gross first demonstrated his company GoTo.com (renamed Overture) on stage at a TED conference he was actually booed (True story. We see improvements in wireless transmission and in real-time programming languages. Stuff you may not know about LA?

article thumbnail

My Advice To Entrepreneurs: Consider Canada For Your Startup

YoungUpstarts

The access to some of the world’s brightest minds in technology, the proximity to some of the industry’s most influential brands, and the vast networking opportunities in both start-up and investor communities is hard to ignore. One of the countries gaining momentum with the early-stage start-up community is Canada, and for good reason.

Canada 100