Remove America Remove Community Remove Government Remove Programming
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

Although the class was run completely online, and even though they were suffering from Zoom fatigue, the 10 teams of 42 students collectively interviewed 1,142 beneficiaries, stakeholders, requirements writers, program managers, industry partners, etc. – while simultaneously building a series of minimal viable products.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

Startup America Partnership

Feld Thoughts

On Monday I was at the White House to help announce the Startup America Partnership. For an awesome description of Startup America, please read Aneesh Chopra’s (the United States CTO) post on TechCrunch titled Startup America: A Campaign To Celebrate, Inspire And Accelerate Entrepreneurship.

America 149
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 5 Best States In America For New Business

YoungUpstarts

The state’s economy, government incentives and training, business regulations and workforce are other crucial factors. Additionally, the tech startup community has grown so quickly that Utah has a new nickname: The Silicon Slopes. Government is a large employer—given the state’s proximity to Washington, D.C.—and

article thumbnail

Why You Need the Right Sustainability Reporting Software for Your Company

The Startup Magazine

From Europe to Asia-Pacific and the Americas, sustainability reporting is the new denominator for businesses and project operations. Sustainability reporting is the process of comprehensive disclosure and communication about a company’s efforts to achieve environmental, social, and governance goals.

article thumbnail

Visit to Case Foundation and Startup America

David Teten

On February 16, I visited Washington, DC, where I attended an HBS Club of DC lunch on the Case Foundation and Startup America. Although they focus on initiatives that leverage technology, they engage in a wide spectrum of cross-sector collaborations with for-profit, government, and non-profit institutions. are all working together.

America 144
article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

The odds of a startup getting a loan from the largest banks in America aren’t favorable. But don’t fret—community lenders are helping small businesses. Meet the community lenders. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are one type of community lender. Big banks favor big loans. in Maine.

Community 117
article thumbnail

How Federal Government Can Help Entrepreneurship

Feld Thoughts

This afternoon in Boulder I’ll be on a panel as part of the White House Startup America Roundtable. Over the past few years, I’ve spent some time thinking about how the government can help entrepreneurship. More recently, I’ve focused my energy on the Startup Visa movement and the Startup America Partnership.