Remove America Remove Community Remove Naming Remove South America
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. We also provide laser-focused guidance to clients like a beam of light, so we wanted to include that element in the name. 1- We focused on strategy.

Naming 118
article thumbnail

“Visibility” — A Powerful Lesson on DACA and The American Dream from @LeonKrauze

Both Sides of the Table

As a Jewish person I know something about this scapegoating because it is the history of my people for 2,000+ years including the Pogroms in Eastern Europe that cause my family to escape using fake passports and wind up in South America (Colombia) in search of a better life. She arrived in America when she was 3.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Cove.tool

Austin Startup

Based in Atlanta (which has been named the best city in the U.S. for startups that isn’t San Francisco or New York), Cove.tool has buildings in Canada, South America, Europe, Africa and Australia, as well as across America. What is your top goal for CoveTool for 2020? Tell us your favorite things about being in Atlanta.

Atlanta 64
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

He grew up in Colombia, South America. You’re two guys in a garage, two guys across campus trying to make a name for yourself. But the current company he’s created, which I won’t name – he just knows it’s not going to be a $1 billion company. I grew up in Northern California. Where do you start?

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Why I Invested in Gogii (textPlus) – My First Ever Later Stage Deal

Both Sides of the Table

They can either be texted by name (this is brilliant if you don’t want to give people your mobile number but want to text with them) or you can give them a number to text. This means that a whole youth generation of “would be&# texters suddenly had a way to text message and drive their parents crazy. Sorry, moms.

article thumbnail

Changing of the EU VC Guard

Babbling VC

The younger players bounce between geographies, i.e. Valley, NY, maybe Asia and some now even in South America. Folks like Sitar (and ten more I could name off the top of my head) are actually known entities in the US. They all have plenty stashed away on the personal front and the community will benefit from it immensely.

article thumbnail

Mastering The Art Of Listening

Duct Tape Marketing

These are the four villains of listening and these four villains of listening from the research and in fact named by the research participants, dramatic interrupting, lost and shrewd, a listening villa. How do South Americans listen? Yet in America, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia, the opposite is true.