Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Silicon Valley Remove Software
article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Recently I wrote a post arguing to make the definition of a Startup more inclusive than that to which Silicon Valley, fueled by Venture Capital return profiles, would sometimes like to attach to the word. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

A deep dive into the Foundry Group investment philosophy including an interesting discussion of their investing Themes. “… our lens is: Internet Software Companies anywhere in the U.S. If you are outside internet software we are not going to invest. I do something I now call community hours. So if you are outside the U.S.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I don’t have an MBA and I don’t live in Silicon Valley. I’m not your average angel. 16 Tips on Raising Startup Funding from Unlikely Angels.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. Official SXSW Panels and Speakers SXSW Badge Required Watch Out Silicon Valley: Rising LATAM Tech Scene Watch Out Silicon Valley: Rising LATAM Tech Scene MAR 8, 2019 | 12:30PM?—?1:30PM The SXSW Startup Crawl! What gives?

article thumbnail

One Hand Clapping – Entrepreneurship In Ann Arbor, Michigan

Steve Blank

Venture Capital ; met with the local hardware/software venture capital firm. Finally, I was impressed to find a robust local entrepreneurial community centered around A2Geeks and the Tech Brewery (after I met Dug Song I understood why.). (I A Lack of a Startup Culture in the Community.

Michigan 309
article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

This is perhaps the most widely-used source of information on angel investor groups across the world, run by the “Father of Angel Investing in New York,” David Rose. This software platform is used by many local angel organizations for managing deal flow. USA Angel Investment Network.

article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. Outcomes in angel investing exhibit a power law. Investment Strategy.