Remove Bankruptcy Remove Community Remove IP Remove Networking
article thumbnail

Nuts & Bolts of Intellectual Property for New Startups

Gust

Having covered all the bases to ensure that your corporate name is available, the domain name can be acquired, and the name doesn’t infringe any existing trademarks (as we discussed last week ), now is a good time to look at the categories of intellectual property (IP) that are relevant to most startups. Intellectual property.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Lower level of community familiarity. —> Individual company bankruptcy risk —-> Traditional Equity VC . (co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. Of the Inc. 5000 companies, only 6.5%

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Zayo Group – One of Boulder’s Amazing Startup Stories

Feld Thoughts

I’m intensely proud of both the amazing startup community in Boulder as well as the many significant companies that have been – and are being – created in the little town of 100,000 people I call home. Boulder is an incredible entrepreneurial community, and I enjoy being immersed in it. “How can Brad help?”,

Bandwidth 147
article thumbnail

5/25-NYC – Investing in Intellectual Capital: Patents, Trademarks, Domain Names, Litigation, Government Rights, and other Intangible Assets

David Teten

Mr. Geleerd acquired the stadium out of highly publicized bankruptcy and turned around its financial position and ultimately engineered the sale back to the Toronto Blue Jays in 2005. Mr. Geleerd has been a member of YPO since 2000. In addition Geleerd was recognized by Crain’s Business Chicago 40 Under 40.

Naming 122
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Maybe we are talking about community servants or folks we previously thought were community servants. We can be deliberate about these things.

Fresno 60