Remove Bootstrapping Remove Community Remove Media Remove San Francisco
article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

Twitter about it or post it to a social media site? I closed down my first business last November and I am bootstrapping the second one currently. I have contacts within the university and entrepreneurial communities and would be happy to help you set up something if interested. April 23, 2010 in San Francisco.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Software Engineer @ General Electric (Barrington, IL) Sr.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 Pitch Night…batter swing!

Sophia Perl of Wisdom

Pitch Night in San Francisco. Prepay Nation is a processor of “micro-payments” across national and international boundaries utilizing “mobile” ecosystems within the “unbanked” communities. Last week, I attended the Annual Women 2.0 I don’t make it out to SF much, but for special occasions I will.

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 Pitch Night…batter swing!

Sophia Perl of Wisdom

Pitch Night in San Francisco. Prepay Nation is a processor of “micro-payments” across national and international boundaries utilizing “mobile” ecosystems within the “unbanked” communities. Last week, I attended the Annual Women 2.0 I don’t make it out to SF much, but for special occasions I will.

article thumbnail

Startup Showcase vs. Industry Event: How to Decide Which to Attend

Up and Running

AdEspresso is currently bootstrapped and so as a team we thought long and hard about if we should attend TC Disrupt or not. We knew it would open up a world of new possibilities for us – being in front of so many prestigious investors, journalists, bloggers and other people in the startup community. Startup Conference in Mountain View.

article thumbnail

How to Attract Talent to Your Start-up

www.inc.com

As an instant-messaging and social media service, Meebo never really had trouble finding and attracting talent. It was about building a community, and people who show up to those things have a heightened interest in Meebo." Every university makes efforts to get interconnected with the entrepreneur community," Zwilling says.

article thumbnail

How can startups engage Amazon and AWS

VC Cafe

The accelerator provides equity-free financial support through AWS Promotional Credit, technical training and support, access to a global community of EdTech experts, and more. Current AWS loft locations include: New York , San Francisco , Tokyo , Paris (Station F) , and Tel-Aviv (Floor28).