Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Term Sheet
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

If you are going to do the tour up and down Sandhill Road to try and raise your 1st round of financing you need a pitch deck because the vast majority of those meetings you are going to be sitting around a table and you will be presenting to one or more partners and that is going to be your first engagement.”. Is that when it became big?

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

This also appears as a guest post at Fortune’s Term Sheet. At the end of the process, which ran into the fall of 2003, we received term sheets from two firms and had a third which expressed interest in participating though not leading the round. We three partners are working hard. May 26, 2011. It was a $4.7M

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

There Is Only ONE Silicon Valley

Gust

It hosts an environment which many other communities have attempted to emulate, although they haven’t and won’t. Many other communities are entrepreneur-friendly and, by any measure, have the tools in place to spawn new high growth companies. The Valley has been a unique place for over half a century.

article thumbnail

How to Work with Lawyers at a Startup

Both Sides of the Table

Local : many entrepreneurs like to use their old friend from Boston even though they’re now living in Boulder. He’s totally tapped into the startup communities in Silicon Valley and a bit in LA. Focus on the partner you would be working with. One issue he talked about was working with partners.

article thumbnail

Splitting vs. Expanding the Pie: Thoughts on the New Early-Stage VCs in Boston

Rob Go

Recently, I’ve been spending a fair bit of time with a number of the new early-stage investors in Boston. Just last week, Axios announced that Stephen Marcus is raising a fund called Riot Ventures and Term Sheet announced that Nilanjana Bhowmik from Longworth will be joining Converge. First Star Ventures (FKA Procyon).

article thumbnail

I Want My CIC! … The Benefits for Startups to Be Co-Located

Both Sides of the Table

This past December I spent a week in Boston to try to get to know some of the local VC’s and entrepreneurs a bit better. I’m surprised how few people talk about valuations, term sheet terms, how much to pay recruiters, etc. Dogpatch was the brainchild of Mike Hirshland , partner at Polaris.

article thumbnail

New Plain Preferred Term Sheet

www.founderinstitute.com

You can contact Adam J.August at 1600 Tysons Boulevard, Suite 700 | McLean, Virginia 22102 Phone 703.720.8059 | Fax 703.720.8610 adam.august@hklaw.com | www.hklaw.com Affinity Lab is an entrepreneurial launch platform serving a rich community of Washington DC businesses, non-profits and start-ups.