article thumbnail

5 Steps To Finding The Best Investor For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Reverse due diligence on the investor is a comparable process whereby the entrepreneur seeks to validate the track record, operating style, and motivation of every potential partner. Check for positive or negative news articles, press releases, relationships, and support of community organizations. Marty Zwilling

article thumbnail

5 Keys To Vetting Investors Before You Accept Funding

Reverse due diligence on the investor is a comparable process whereby the entrepreneur seeks to validate the track record, operating style, and motivation of every potential partner. Check for positive or negative news articles, press releases, relationships, and support of community organizations. Marty Zwilling.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“I Can Really See Us Leading This Funding Round” Isn’t a Term Sheet

Hunter Walker

That’s not to say we’re always correct, but I will specifically tell a founder ‘and now I’m putting on my Homebrew hat’ when I have a POV that’s informed by my own needs as their capital partner versus what I generally think should be the company’s strategy. and include the major terms like Keith suggests. When it’s a junior partner.

article thumbnail

Size Up Your Investors Before Accepting Their Money

Reverse due diligence on the investor is a comparable process whereby the entrepreneur seeks to validate the track record, operating style, and motivation of every potential partner. Check for positive or negative news articles, press releases, relationships, and support of community organizations. Marty Zwilling.

article thumbnail

5 Ways To Check Your Investor Intent Before Signing

article thumbnail

Revenue-Based Investing: A New Option for Founders who Care About Control

David Teten

John Borchers, Co-founder and Managing Partner of Decathlon Capital, claims to be the largest revenue-based financing investor in the US. John Borchers defines RBI as, “anchored around a model for providing long-term growth capital to a company that is paid back over time in the form of a modest, fixed percentage of monthly revenue.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

If you are going to do the tour up and down Sandhill Road to try and raise your 1st round of financing you need a pitch deck because the vast majority of those meetings you are going to be sitting around a table and you will be presenting to one or more partners and that is going to be your first engagement.”. Is that when it became big?