Remove Business Plan Remove Community Remove CPA Remove Programming
article thumbnail

The Latest Questions Small Businesses Are Asking

Up and Running

Consider a venture feasibility study as a start on a business plan if the idea looks profitable. Listen with an open mind to employees, suppliers, customers, the media and members of the community. What is being said about the company in public, on social media and in the hallways of the business?

article thumbnail

How to Open a Marijuana Dispensary

Up and Running

There are a lot of rules to follow and I would strongly advise that people get help right from the get-go: a lawyer and a CPA,” says Lincoln. It’s also important that most, if not all members of your community (even the non-users who won’t be your customers) are comfortable with a dispensary in their area. Access capital.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30+ Small Business Ideas That Use Skills You Already Have

Up and Running

For more information: Your local community college is a great place to start when it comes to vocational training, as well as by searching local trade schools in your area. If you’re ready to get started, check out our construction and engineering sample business plans or our plumbing sample business plan.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship for Superwomen

Up and Running

A friend recommended it to me, and it was the single most important thing I did on my journey as a business owner and operator. It taught me the most important thing: How to prepare a business plan and work that plan. It helped me put together a business plan that was realistic and not just numbers thrown together.

Florida 102
article thumbnail

30 Small Business Ideas (for When You Don’t Know What Business to Start)

Up and Running

Start a construction business. Similarly, a construction business could be a great fit for someone who enjoys hands-on work. Start a mechanic business. For more information: Your local community college is a great place to start when it comes to vocational training. Auto Repair Shop Business Plan.

article thumbnail

5 Things You Can Offer People When You Don’t Have Money

Austin Startup

I got my taxes done by a CPA while I helped him redo his website. If you can write business plans, or you’re good at pitching, or you can debug a product, then you have something to offer. Turns out Queens College was piloting an internship program this summer in exchange for experience and class credit.

article thumbnail

How to Become Your Own Boss in 2015 (Webinar Recap)

Up and Running

That is a mistake and I’m going to teach you how to get to the nitty-gritty of that, so that you make sure that the day you open your business you know who your target customer is. We’re also going to talk about developing a business plan. I want you to have a plan for success, so we’re going to talk about that.