| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | TAFFY WILLIAMS
MAY 29, 2012 It Takes Longer and Costs More
In the practice sessions, one of your advisors tells you that the plans are great but be cautious, programs always take longer and cost more. There are often issues that are not predictable that influence your costs and timelines. In the medical field, the ranges can be as much as 2-3 times longer and greater in costs.
| | THE ENTREPRENEURIAL MIND
FEBRUARY 27, 2012 Business Modeling is Process, not an Event
What are the key activities to make this all come together, and what will it cost? When we expanded our health-care business from Raleigh into Charlotte, N.C., As a result, our operation in Charlotte never reached profitability. Developing a sound business model is key to the successful launch of a business.
| || || |
| || | TAFFY WILLIAMS
AUGUST 2, 2011 Are You Involved or Committed in a Startup?
When the founder spends time on areas not related to the company, sometimes the company loses out; for example, timely decisions may not get made, errors are missed and not fixed, staff may miss critical project timings, projects may get dropped, and costs could get out of hand from lack of monitoring, etc. But that pig, well he is committed!
| | TAFFY WILLIAMS
DECEMBER 8, 2011 Get Over It and Move On!
Fixes canbe extremely difficult and costly but failing to fix the problems may be morecostly. Other articles can be found in the Charlotte, NC- small business section of Examiner.com. Have you evermade a mistake? If your answer is no, maybeyou are not human. Everyone has mademistakes and that they range in degrees of complexity.
| | STARTUP LESSONS LEARNED
DECEMBER 1, 2012 Join a conference simulcast near you
Most simulcasts are free, although some charge a small fee to cover their costs. New Hampshire: Portsmouth New Mexico: Albuquerque New York: Brooklyn Ithaca Manhattan North Carolina: Asheville Charlotte Durham Ohio: Athens Cincinnati, The Brandery, 1141 Vine St. They represent more than 10,000 people total.
| || || || |
TAFFY WILLIAMS Startup Blog: Startup Basics Recap from Interview
| MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2011
As an example, note the enthusiasm exhibited by a local business owner as highlighted in the Fox News in Charlotte
, NC June 5, 2011 in a story covered by Renee LaSalle. Costs
will vary, but sometimes the services are free or can be bartered. Other articles can be found in the Charlotte
, NC- small business section of Examiner.com. MORE >>
FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG Advantis Global: Fast Growth, Come Boom or Bust
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6, 2012
Companies were downsizing IT staffs as a way to keep costly
employees off the books, but IT work still needed to be done. The Advantis founders thought they could capitalize on this trend by offering low-risk, cost
-effective IT solutions. In its fifth year, Advantis Global Services expects to hit $50 million in revenue. 500 million. MORE >>
TAFFY WILLIAMS 100 plus articles published in the Examiner
| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2013
'The following articles are published in the Examiner.com and cover issues of startups and entrepreneurship. The list covers all articles published as of April 10, 2013. link] Are You an Entrepreneur? entrepreneur Startup management review leadership team negotiating MORE >>
THE NEXT WEB How to pivot away $34m: Israel’s Xeround shuts it doors with a lesson
| SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2013
Yarkoni – a senior exec at Amdocs, was asked to take over as CEO, and see if she could turn Xeround into a sort of ‘mini Amdocs’. Other than a few dollars coming in here and there to cover costs
, we were basically running dry,” Newsgeek’s source says. What happens when you over-pivot. This last idea had potential. MORE >>
THE VC IN ME Guest Post from HBS Professor: The Nuances of Marketplaces
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2011
Even if there are network effects, they are not supported by high switching or “homing” costs
(e.g. the vc in me. Welcome! This blog broadcasts my thoughts on sectors of interest in my role as a venture capitalist as well as other ideas or tidbits on the business of entrepreneurship. Archives. Profile. Subscribe. « | Main. Groupon). MORE >>
- The Way I Work: Trina Turk FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Leader driven Harmony #42: Working in the Big City ACTIVE GARAGE | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2011
- Working hard is not enough TAFFY WILLIAMS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2012
- Your reputation precedes you TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24, 2013
- Try With All Your Might. You Will Never Get It Right! TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- A Bridge Too Far TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2013
- Entrepreneurs are Different from the Crowd TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2012
- The Impact of the Dodd-Frank Act on Registered Investment Companies RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2011
- Mei Xu: Crossing Borders With Chesapeake Bay Candle FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- Highlights On The Business of Software (2012) ONSTARTUPS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- Founders behaving badly negatively affect the business TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- 5 Tips on being more than a YES man or woman TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2013
- Diversity of ideas can lead to novel solutions of problems or conflict TAFFY WILLIAMS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
- A Two Sided Coin TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2012
- Avoiding sticker shock from service providers TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2012
- Just Do It! TAFFY WILLIAMS | TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2012
- If It Walks and Quacks Like a Duck, IT MUST BE A DUCK! TAFFY WILLIAMS | THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2012
- Got a Great Pitch, GET IN LINE TAFFY WILLIAMS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
- Don’t For Get You Have a TEAM TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2011
- USE THEM! TAFFY WILLIAMS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2011
- Putting Lipstick On The PIG TAFFY WILLIAMS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2012
- 6 Environmental factors that may affect your business TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- I Am a What? TAFFY WILLIAMS | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- Do Not Go Virtual Without a QB or Coach! TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2011
- Bring something to the party when working with others TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
- Did Simon and Garfunkel Sing About Your Startup? TAFFY WILLIAMS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2011
- 4 Comparisons to consider before making expenditures TAFFY WILLIAMS | TUESDAY, APRIL 2, 2013
- Startup Blog: Need Investment? Increase the Chances by Beefing Up. TAFFY WILLIAMS | TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011
- Startup Blog: Project Planning Is a Must TAFFY WILLIAMS | MONDAY, JULY 11, 2011
- Startup Blog: Licensing Technologies from Universities � Tips for. TAFFY WILLIAMS | FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 2011
StartUpRoar can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.