Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Connecticut Remove Entrepreneur
article thumbnail

Finding Your Co-Founders

techcrunch.com

And make sure to read our recent posts with advice from Mint CEO Aaron Patzer on his advice to entrepreneurs as well ( here and here ). The number one question you all asked after reading my last blog post about starting a business from scratch was “how do I find my co-founders?&# The first post, From Nothing To Something.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- After the birth of my daughter. Sadly, many people in our society come from communities where they were never, or rarely, touched by their parents, family members, or friends or only experience touch through sex. Photo Credit: Lisa Cash Hanson.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

October 18, CT: HBS Panel on VC in Connecticut

David Teten

I’ll be a panelist at a HBS Club of Connecticut/HBS Angels Venture Capital in Connecticut Panel Discussion and Cocktail Reception on October 18. The event will be held at the recently-established Stamford Innovation Center , of which fellow panelist Barry Schwimmer is Founder and Managing Partner.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. Failure often is harder on entrepreneurs who lose money that theyve borrowed on credit cards or from friends and relatives than it is on those who raised venture capital. Consider Daniel Dreymann, a founder of Goodmail Systems Inc.,

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

fast.ai , the company he co-founded with Rachel Thomas and Sylvain Gugger is working to "radically democratize" deep learning by making it accessible to people beyond the tech world through courses, software and other methods. Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

It is the first in a series of posts he’s writing about the decisions a young entrepreneur needs to make when she/he is first starting a business. One of the things I do as a founder of a later stage startup is to meet with early stage entrepreneurs to help them get their companies going. and Google.