Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Phoenix
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

We asked entrepreneurs and business owners about their best business or entrepreneur turnaround story and here are the responses. #1- Airbnb founders Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia had difficulty securing funding, so they launched a mini project to build some funds and catch investors' attention. Photo Credit: Brian David Crane.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. That is not a joke.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

5-My co-founders’ wife came up with it. As much as I would like to take credit for the name it was my co-founders’ wife that thought of it. The thoughts were LI Shades Co, Island Shades, things like that. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. performance. Photo Credit: Derin Oyekan.

Naming 126
article thumbnail

Why Every Company Needs A DevOps Team Now

Feld Thoughts

A year or so ago I read an early draft of a new book titled The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win. Following is a guest post on DevOps by Gene Kim , Multiple Award-Winning CTO, Researcher, Visible Ops Co-Author, Entrepreneur & Founder of Tripwire. That moment is now.

Phoenix 175
article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- After the birth of my daughter. Sadly, many people in our society come from communities where they were never, or rarely, touched by their parents, family members, or friends or only experience touch through sex. Photo Credit: Lisa Cash Hanson.

article thumbnail

What Entrepreneurs Can Learn About Public Speaking From Donald Trump

YoungUpstarts

by Mike Smerklo, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Next Coast Ventures. I’m a huge believer in open communication with employees. When I was a young entrepreneur, I loved sharing how our company was doing, what was driving the business and why all of this was relevant. Thank you, Phoenix. Thank you very much.

Phoenix 178
article thumbnail

Smart Bear Live 7: More from AZ Disruptors

A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks

So Member Desk is a virtual and yet it can also be physical, literally sitting in the front of the co- working space inexpensive way to do that for pretty much any organization. But the answer is the co-founder’s been in the industry for 30 years and he’s somebody and so they can get meetings. Jason: Right.

Cofounder 199