Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Florida Remove Government
article thumbnail

Co-founder Engaging Florida’s Innovation Ecosystem

Hearpreneur

Brian Kornfeld is President and Co-Founder of Synapse , an innovation hub for entrepreneurs, investors, and governments in the state of Florida to share ideas, solve problems and ultimately provide an ecosystem that ensures everyone from pre-seed startups to exciting unicorns continue to flock to, grow within and re-invest in the Sunshine State.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #12: Curative founder Fred Turner and Celine Halioua on diagnostic supply chains, scaling up testing, and partnering with government

Startup Lessons Learned

The story of how Curative pivoted and scaled is about moving with entrepreneurial speed to find a solution, then collaborating with investors and government for the public good. Celine Halioua , founder of a company called Celevity that is developing drugs to extend the lifespan of dogs, also played a key role. Celine Halioua : Yeah.

article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

Equity-Only CTO and Equity-Only Developers - SoCal CTO , November 1, 2010 I had a recent email dialog with the founder of a company looking for a CTO for their startup. And I tried to evaluate the idea and figure out: What did the founder really need here? Was it a Startup Founder Developer Gap ? The scene will kill you.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Andreessen Horowitz is telling entrepreneurs it prefers situations where the founders have controlling stakes, reckoning that theyll be better able to resist outside distraction and focus on making great products. Why Register? Personalize your own news page.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Consider Daniel Dreymann, a founder of Goodmail Systems Inc., Mr. Dreymann moved his family from Israel in 2004 after co-founding Goodmail in Mountain View, Calif., and Verizon Communications Inc. Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Replay the event.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #6, helpwithcovid.com

Startup Lessons Learned

Now more than ever, we have to step up as a community, as citizens, and as people to support each other. It was this email exchange between Sam and Dustin, and I remember- Eric Ries : You're talking about Dustin Moskovitz, the Asana co-founder, Facebook co-founder. This is Out of the Crisis. How did it happen?

Romania 60