Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Lead Investor Remove Operations
article thumbnail

Founders Interview: Atlas Group London – ConstructionTech Transforming Healthcare

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Founder Interview Series , we interviewed Maha and David Harper, wife and husband co-founders of Atlas Group London, a construction-tech startup that has digitized the building of healthcare facilities. Construction is a trillion-dollar market, but planning remains complicated and inaccurate.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. He joined Goldman Sachs & Co.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

Previously she was Co-Founder and CEO of SNAZZ, a cloud-based event management platform. In either case, corporations have to set up their investment vehicles so that the venture capital community sees them as serious players. What are some of the unique benefits and constraints from the point of view of a founder? .

article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. Co-founder Naval Ravikant explains that 18 pilot companies in the program, including Transcriptic, Double Robotics and Tred, received $6.7 → Learn More. Wednesday, April 24th, 2013.

SEC 61
article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

Similarly, my research on venture capital portfolio operations found that Portfolio Operator VCs such as Andreesen Horowitz , First Round Capital , ff Venture Capital , and Google Ventures are hiring unusually large teams and structuring them in traditional pyramids. Our job is to invest in the growth areas of 2018.

article thumbnail

What the AngelList Debate Means for the Future of Startup Investing

www.readwriteweb.com

Chris McCann is the co-founder of StartupDigest , the members-only guide to the tech startup world. Theres now a heated discussion in the investor class about AngelList. Quickly, startup investing is looking more like the public markets, and power is quickly shifting to the entrepreneur from the investors. spray-and-pray?

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. One by one the markets in which you operate shut down. I think every founder, every CEO, every leader, could learn something, could take heart from Brian's example and I hope they will. I hope you will. Eric Ries : Hey man.