Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Amsterdam-based Rockstart Accelerator’s first graduates head to Silicon Valley

The Next Web

The accelerator, which counts Amazon CTO Werner Vogels among its startup mentors , will be showcasing its first batch of startups (see list below) in Silicon Valley on the 20th of September, followed by a panel discussion about “The Future of the European Startup Community” Sounds riveting!

article thumbnail

My Advice To Entrepreneurs: Consider Canada For Your Startup

YoungUpstarts

By Raj Narayanaswamy, cofounder and Co-CEO, Replicon. For aspiring entrepreneurs, it’s hard to resist the allure of Silicon Valley. You’d be forgiven for thinking that any budding entrepreneur should only look at setting up in Silicon Valley to be successful. The Country is Progressive by Nature.

Canada 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Valence Funding Network: Connecting Black Talent with Capital

Feld Thoughts

If you are a venture capitalist, I strongly encourage you to join the Valence Funding Network to provide Black founders with direct access to VCs. Valence exists to change the dynamic where Black founders receive a disproportionately low amount of venture funding (today – just 1 percent ).

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. cities (outside of Silicon Valley and the East Coast), to build your startup.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

Announcing our investment in Ada Support – the AI support platform that’s answering 2 million questions a month

Version One Ventures

million seed round, we’re looking back at our journey with founders Mike Murchison and David Hariri. Intrigued, Boris reached out to Mike Murchison and learned that he and his co-founder David Hariri were building a social network to help others solves problems online. . We led the Volley pre-Seed round.

article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. WorkBar Boston - Flexible co-working space near South Station.

Boston 71