Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Salary Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

Transformify: The Sustainable Platform for Remote Jobs

Transformify

Traveling around the world, I met startup founders, forex traders, marketers, online shop owners, travel bloggers, Instagram influencers and digital business entrepreneurs of all kinds. It was a growing community of people who enjoyed their digital nomad lifestyle. Small cafes, family-owned restaurants and artisan shops flourish.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vote Local, Austin: 18 SXSW panels featuring Austinites that deserve your PanelPicker vote

Austin Startup

Support the ATX Startup Community by voting for this selection of panels featuring Austinites. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. We reached out to the M.io

Austin 48
article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. More importantly, we continue to help the community through pro-bono projects, supporting non-profits and charitable campaigns, and giving back where and when we can. Six years in business later, we continue to grow.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Jake Soberal and Irma Olguin are the founders of a company called Bitwise. Here's my conversation with the founders of Bitwise.

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

How to help your startup turn a profit in 4 simple steps

The Next Web

Mikita Mikado is a software engineer and entrepreneur from Belarus, now based in San Francisco. He is the co-­founder and CEO of Quote Roller and PandaDoc. However, figuring out the way your startup should make money could be challenging, especially for us left­-brained founders.

Belarus 137