Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Social Network Remove Syndication
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Many assume it was a cakewalk, based on the success LinkedIn has enjoyed over time and the current stature of our founder/CEO Reid Hoffman (now Chairman). Facebook doesn’t exist, even as a walled-garden college social network (Mark Zuckerberg was part way through his freshman year at Harvard). Thanks Lee.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. Pitchbot.vc

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Getting Back the Band Together for NextView’s Investment in BookBub

Genuine VC

Just about fifteen years ago, Josh Schanker and I, along with our co-founders Elliot Shmukler and Tammy O’Neil Bolduc started Sombasa Media together. Given the long working history of everyone involved, the trust and communication, which lay the foundation for success, are firmly in place. Today BookBub is announcing its $3.8M

Cofounder 118
article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

Previously she was Co-Founder and CEO of SNAZZ, a cloud-based event management platform. At Virgin Mobile USA, Mari led early initiatives in mobile commerce, social networking and advertising. What are some of the unique benefits and constraints from the point of view of a founder? . Mari Holds a B.A.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Tim Friedman, Founder, PE Stack , said, “If I could offer one piece of advice to today’s managers, it would be to take the time to understand the demands of the modern institutional LP. The 11 Steps of Investing in Private Companies.

article thumbnail

What Kind of Workspace Is Best For Your Startup?

mashable.com

“There’s simply no budget for [an office], as I bootstrap the company,&# says Paul Molluzzo, founder of Baby Goes Mobile , a web app that lets parents create a private baby book they can view and update from their mobile phones. instead of having to travel home. .&# instead of having to travel home.

article thumbnail

4 Considerations for Expanding Your Startup to International Markets

mashable.com

If you’re working with an open source project, for example, it’s important that you have a definitive business model to drive revenue — though not at the cost of alienating your community of core contributors. They may also contribute code to the community that comprises the backbone of their technology.

France 77