Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Technical Cofounder Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. But, we normally have a clear ceiling on how high we can grow AUM, before hitting practical limits to deploying capital within the traditional VC model. . This evolves the VC from a server to a router.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

At the outset, it is worth noting that when it comes to the world of venture funding, I am a bit of an outsider. Until a handful of years ago, I didn’t even know what venture capital was, let alone anything about the complicated process of actually acquiring VC funding. percent of venture capital deals, and received.33

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. From RBI, Flexible VCs borrow the ability to reap meaningful returns without demanding founders build for an exit. Our categorization is not a technical one.

article thumbnail

Why are Revenue-Based VCs investing in so many women & underrepresented founders?

David Teten

Many are reporting that they’re seeing a more diverse pool of applicants than traditional equity VCs… even though virtually none have a particular focus on women or underrepresented founders. I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Brunner (@heatherjbrunner) | Twitter Preston James Co-founder & CEO DivInc Preston is at the center of everything Diversity & Inclusion in Austin. Huston-Tillotson (@HustonTillotson) | Twitter Eugene Sepulveda CEO, Entrepreneurs Foundation Director, Capital Factory Sr.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

It was all technical. You know, the weird thing, Derek, and I should probably let you speak some time, but I was deeply technical when I went into Andersen consulting, and I got paid much less than engineers who graduated, because I had a degree in economics. So it was from ’91 to ’94 that I programmed.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

My Advice To Entrepreneurs: Consider Canada For Your Startup

YoungUpstarts

By Raj Narayanaswamy, cofounder and Co-CEO, Replicon. The access to some of the world’s brightest minds in technology, the proximity to some of the industry’s most influential brands, and the vast networking opportunities in both start-up and investor communities is hard to ignore. Immigrating from Canada to the U.S.

Canada 100