article thumbnail

Startup Advice: When to Use a Consulting CTO

rapidrollout.wordpress.com

Web Startup Lessons Advice from a CTO and Entrepreneur Home About Startup Advice: When to Use a Consulting CTO There are not many to be found. Most likely, this is a person who is a serial entrepreneur and was the chief technology officer for two or more web startups. .&#

article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Technology | Thursdays. Should You Share Equity with Consultants? Science and Technology Technology. Back in 1997, Randy Parker was staring at a blank whiteboard, wondering where hed find the money to hire the employees and consultants he needed to build his new product. "We

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What is Sweat Equity Worth?

www.entrepreneur.com

What is Sweat Equity Worth? Determining how to value sweat equity is key when negotiating with investors and employees. Entrepreneurs often ask me how to value the sweat equity invested in their startup. But over the years, I have come to realize that sweat equity isn't the same thing as market value for your startup.

article thumbnail

How to Divide Equity to Startup Founders, Advisors, and Employees

thinkspace.com

Office Space. Virtual Office. How to Divide Equity to Startup Founders, Advisors, and Employees. The part that I’d like to zero in on is when you’ve got a high growth company what are some of the best practices out there to distribute equity to the founders, advisors, and employees? Equity for Founders.

Equity 62
article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle. My rough notes follow: Mike Dubno , CIO, Global Markets and Research Technology & Operations, Bank of America. Previously CTO, Goldman Sachs.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

SXSW Panel: Attracting VC Investment Outside of Silicon Valley Carolyn Rodz (@carolynrodz) | Twitter Holly Gibson Founder Austin Women Who Code Holly loves the Austin tech community and serves it as the Founder of the Women Who Code Austin, a network of 2800+ women in tech.

article thumbnail

Monday night: HBS Angels of NY Investor Meeting and Company Presentations

David Teten

Chairman Alan Todd was formerly Founder and CEO of KnowledgePlanet, the largest cloud-based learning management system, which was acquired by a private equity consortium; and Founder and CEO of KnowledgeSoft, the largest IT training company in the mid-Atlantic region, which was acquired by Technicsource. Grovo solves this problem.