article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. Right near Microsoft’s campus in Seattle, Thinkspace is a cool coworking spot for startups.

article thumbnail

Making a Difference Through Your Career

Women Entrepreneurs Can

Choosing a career that allows you to give back to your community or take other measures to make the world a better place takes some thought. There may be many communities near you or just a state or two away that could use your help. Depending on your work field, you may choose to live in a metropolitan city or a smaller community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How I Found a Great CTO

www.huffingtonpost.com

Minted.com is both a global design community and stationery retailer. Independent graphic designers from all over the world submit designs to our ongoing design competitions, and Minteds community votes to tell us what to sell. However, we needed a head of engineering to recruit and lead a larger team to accomplish our larger goals.

CTO 43
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Node

Austin Startup

A finalist in Hyper-Connected Communities , which will pitch at 5 pm Saturday, March 9, NODE ’s patent-pending technology and platform makes the most sustainable and healthy homes affordable. CEO Don Bunnell answered some questions about the Seattle, Wash.-based based company. What is your competitive advantage?

Startup 48
article thumbnail

Jed Darland Cultivates Depth of Scope: A Secret to Success Story

Up and Running

He was refurbishing classic and custom furniture for a condominium he’d bought for himself in his hometown of Seattle, when he realized he’d accumulated rather a lot of scrap lumber. I took my prototype to the Independent Garden Center Show in Chicago, and I introduced it to the gardener community, and people liked them.

article thumbnail

How Techstars Affirms Today’s Top Technological Trends

ReadWriteStart

Techstars has become a power player in places like Boston, Boulder and Seattle: The program, known as a startup accelerator, takes entrepreneurs and offers them office space, funding and advice, taking a stake in the companies in exchange. Rae gives a short but inspiring speech and sends the companies on to their uncertain futures.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.