article thumbnail

Boston’s WebInno Is Now BIG

Genuine VC

Back in June, the local Boston tech community together celebrated the ten year anniversary of the Web Innovators Group, affectionately known as “WebInno.” Accelerators, incubators, and co-working spaces have proliferated in Cambridge and Boston. Fast-forward to today and the landscape is different.

Boston 100
article thumbnail

How to Startup Your UK Business as a Non-resident

The Startup Magazine

However, the UK has been a proven incubator of many different kinds of organisations. For example, if you were a software engineer based in India, you are well within your rights to sell your services as an outsourced contractor to a UK company. Registering a business in the UK allows you to do this under a UK brand.

India 91
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

May Business Angels Spread Their Wings Over Kenya?

Transformify

Despite Kenya has been named as the fasted growing payments market in Africa, there is still a lot to be done to develop the local business angel community. The capital of Kenya, Nairobi, is a vibrant city offering various resources for young start – ups, including accelerator 88MPH and incubator i-Hub. Sam Gichuru CEO at nailab.

Kenya 45
article thumbnail

NEXT by Startup Weekend in Boulder

Feld Thoughts

Below are the words of Ken Hoff, an up-and-coming leader in the Boulder startup community. During my senior year, I took “Startup Essentials for Software Engineering” (taught by Zach Nies of Rally Software) and I can confidently say it was the best class I ever took at CU. for more information.

Startup 130
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Maybe we are talking about community servants or folks we previously thought were community servants. It was an incubator.

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Exciting Companies Lined Up For Microsoft Startup Grant Finals

ReadWriteStart

You can read more about Freshdesk on the 1M/1M Incubation Radar today. Now, if the communication can be smoothed, the entire process will become a great deal more productive. Bizosys Technologies, a Bangalore, India based software engineering company was founded in 2009.

India 123
article thumbnail

Finance Fridays

Feld Thoughts

In the mean time, please meet the Finance Fridays team: Jonathan Wolter has been a lead consultant and software engineer at ThoughtWorks working for clients in Silicon Valley, Texas, Chicago, and India. I love working with and mentoring students, and am especially thrilled when they proactively reach out to me.

Finance 135