article thumbnail

How Many Angels is the Right Amount for a Startup to Have?

Both Sides of the Table

After they see a name they trust, everybody wants to invest” It’s called “ social proof ” and it’s a good thing for entrepreneurs. But we’ve gotten the point where ENIFA and they will invest with no information based solely on the name of who else has invested. Every great investor knows this.

Cap Table 150
article thumbnail

How To Start An Etsy Shop

Up and Running

Another huge aspect of being discoverable online is choosing the optimal name for your business. Get to know the community. Many people communicated to me that Etsy is really a world of its own; sellers and customers bond, write reviews, help each other out in forums and generally have a strong and close-knit online community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 e-Commerce Tips To Attract Back-to-School Shoppers

YoungUpstarts

Also, never copy and paste product information right from the manufacturer’s site. shoppers named free delivery as the top motivator for making an online purchase, according to the Boston Consulting Group. But overusing words to try and get a higher search ranking can actually count against you. Offer shipping incentives.

Search 190
article thumbnail

Landing Page Best Practices: Remove Distractions, Be Bold & Tell a Story

ConversionXL

Makes sure the call to action accurately named is emphasized on the page. The best way to get this information is to create a feedback loop that collects information right after they sign up, but before the course begins, so they’re fresh in the “I’m going to solve my problem” mindset.

article thumbnail

Social Trends: What does it take to create a remarkable industry blog?

Brandanew

Yeah, sometimes its a little distracting to have my workflow interrupted by other people, but for the most part it is a benefit because I get involved right away in these conversations about trending topics. I actually sit right across from Becky, our social media manager. So, she finds all this information right away.

article thumbnail

How to Come Up with More Winning Tests Using Data

ConversionXL

people writing the content are doing it for the sake of ranking better (get conversion optimization keyword traffic, backlinks), and not to actually add value to the community. The problem with being “data-driven” We should all be more data-driven (or data-informed), right? Further reading: [link].