article thumbnail

The Need For Empathic Business Leadership In The COVID Environment

YoungUpstarts

When the world is facing a life-threatening virus that spreads through physical contact and could infect anyone, the business community has a chance to hold the mantle of economic support for everyone in need. For example, when Kotlin was launched, hundreds of articles floated in the market predicting the end of Java.

article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks Round 10

TechEmpower

Compiled languages such as C, C++, Java, Scala, and Ur continue to dominate most tests, and Lua retains its unique position of standard-bearer for JIT languages by showing up within the top 10 on many test types. Of those issues, 441 pull requests were created, and 321 pull requests were merged , which is roughly one PR merged per day.

Framework 200
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

In June of 2016, I started my PR company one month before my father succumbed to Alzheimer’s. From that I knew that the product would Melt in your Coffee… SO JAVA (coffee) MELT. Thanks to Claudia Greene, Mayhem Entertainment PR ! #19- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 2- In honor of my father.

Naming 87
article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

These days sales, marketing and PR people seem to grow on trees. If you post up an ad to an online job board asking for someone to join your very high risk early stage startup company the odds of getting someone who decent are slim to none. . Ycombinator © 2010 Social Matchbox, - WordPress Themes by DBT. .

article thumbnail

What The Rails Security Issue Means For Your Startup

www.kalzumeus.com

January has been a very bad month for Ruby on Rails developers, with two high-severity security bugs permitting remote code execution found in the framework and a separate-but-related compromise on rubygems.org, a community resource which virtually all Ruby on Rails developers sit downstream of. Many startups use Ruby on Rails.

Security 101
article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

As one of the coherent commentators says below, Joel Spolsky himself laments schools teaching Java with the same basic reasoning of my article above, albeit more diplomatically stated.) .NET But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide.

Java 107
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Dont go C or Java, python is good for prototyping and easier to learn. Pat Patrick (2010-06-20) # Im programming in PHP and Java and designing relational and object oriented data bases since 12 years and I do absolutely agree with Drews comments (#50). Now I see that is a whole community that is developing their big ideas such as me.