article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . A more efficient approach to fundraising than haphazard networking is to mine the data exhaust from the limited partner universe to identify those LPs most likely to find your fund attractive, and focus all your energy on them.

article thumbnail

Bridging the gap between tech startups and the Fortune 500

David Teten

The most common ways in which the Fortune 500 are working with the startup community at scale is through corporate VC arms, contests, packages of benefits geared to startups, and accelerator programs. I worked with our intern team to look for the Fortune 500 companies making the strongest effort to reach out to the tech startup community.

Startup 114
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. 2) Raise capital.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

Welcome to the Lost Decade (for Entrepreneurs, IPO’s and VC’s)

Steve Blank

The collapse of the IPO market and dysfunctional math in the venture capital community has stacked the odds against you. VC’s invested their limited partners’ “risk capital” in a portfolio of startups in exchange for illiquid stock. It includes venture funded startups in all industries, from software to biotech.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

Manuge continues, “Corl connects to a business’ bank accounts, accounting software, payment processors, and other digital services to collect 10,000+ historical data points that are analyzed in real-time. Founders First Capital Partners defines these high performing organizations as Zebra Companies.”. Key elements: . “We

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Why This New York Venture Capital Firm is Investing in Canada

David Teten

The question some of our limited partners ask us is, “Why?”. Central Canada has many of the assets of other entrepreneurial hubs: a flourishing creative community, an active local VC community , strong engineering talent and quality universities, such as University of Toronto, University of Waterloo and Ryerson University.