article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Will Bachman.

article thumbnail

What does it mean to be Latinx in Tech Today?

Austin Startup

Latinx leaders delved into discussions on representation and how to navigate the tech ecosystem, as well as exploring cultural values, perceptions, and resiliency in the Latinx tech community. In order to get your demographics to understand your idea or product, you have to both relate and localize it in the community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After being furloughed by the Harlem Globetrotters due to COVID-19, I founded Eric PR & Marketing, LLC as a way to help nonprofits and small businesses during difficult times. I officially parted ways with the Globetrotters in August and Eric PR & Marketing is my path forward. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Geiger, Twelve31 Media, LLC ! #3- 21- Communicate creativity. When I started Idea Grove in 2005, most PR firms had names like law firms – the name of the firm was the name of the owner or partners. I think that was because PR wanted to be seen as a serious profession like law or accounting. Thanks to Margaret H.

Naming 149
article thumbnail

Business Tips For Women Business Leaders

Mike Michalowicz

Thanks to Asha Spacek , UR FEW MEDIA, LLC / UR SUPERMODELS. Community Building Solve Problems. Women are community builders and problem solvers. This makes for good relationships and communication in business and life. Thanks to Robin Gerhart , RLG Enterprises LLC. Thanks to Terri Brown , The Travel Academy LLC.

Las Vegas 165
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #244 – Small Business, Startups, Innovation, Social Media, Design, Marketing and More

crowdSPRING Blog

The 5 Biggest Tax Differences Between an LLC and Corporation – crowdspring.co/1wVhWL7. Utilize Technology to Build Intimate Customer Communities – crowdspring.co/1sVvTWk. Conflict Among Team Members Can Lead to Better Results – crowdspring.co/1t2zRv6. 4 Simple Remedies For Burnout Backed By Science | Fast Company – crowdspring.co/1ESnCtK.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I decided to create a “sounding board” opportunity for people to step away from their stressful life situations and grow within a community. Thanks to Sabriya Dobbins, Project Passport LLC ! #4- Thanks to Bob Graham, Serious Soft Skills LLC ! #7- 16- Reach out to people beyond my community. Photo Credit: Sean McPheat.