article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. He was an Institutional Investor ranked analyst for several years.

article thumbnail

The Democratization of Innovation | Yes That is What is Occurring

Campus Entrepreneurship

Participants included, Mark Walsh CEO of Genius Rocket, Mike Lincoln of Cooley LP, Ashish Jaiman of Microsoft, and Edmund Pendleton from MTECH at the University of Maryland. Successful businesses gain support from a larger community, particularly when chemistry and complementary business philosophies come into play.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

startupbaltimore.org

Of course here at Startup Baltimore we have the Startup Breakfasts but I’m not sure how many programmers you’ll find there (it’s still a great way to network with kindred entrepreneurial spirits). Baltimore’s startup community has plenty of room for new leaders. Start an event or project. Catchy tune.

article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

But once again, Brian and his team showed a remarkable ability to adapt, and they did so in a way that preserved the health of the entire network of Airbnb. I mean obviously, we’re a network business and networks get stronger the bigger they get. It’s a network, it’s a set of folks within it. Because capitalism isn’t won.

article thumbnail

In Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, Cofounders Find YOU!

davetroy.com

I think we all are frustrated with the constant barrage of networking events and the people who want to “be seen&# at them. As I mentioned, we all get frustrated with traditional networking events — stand around drinking a beer, talking to 10 people who find you odd, and pretty soon you’re checking the clock. Be authentic.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Past livestream attendees have reported great conversations and networking. They represent more than 10,000 people total.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. More importantly, we continue to help the community through pro-bono projects, supporting non-profits and charitable campaigns, and giving back where and when we can. Six years in business later, we continue to grow.