article thumbnail

@altgate » Blog Archive » Outsourcing For Startups

Altgate

One consideration that comes up often when outsourcing is whether to go with a local or offshore vendor. I’ve done both and in my experience picking the right offshore solution can be an advantage (freeing up time and money to deploy elsewhere). PR/Marketing. For startups, PR firms are a waste of money.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

All the important SEO tools that you need for paid traffic, social media, PR, and of course SEO. Exactly, the prior product would have been a kind of clunky speedometer that had no connectivity to a community or to a manufacturer to your phone. John Jantsch: Hello and welcome to another episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast.

Product 61
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. So frequently embarrassing failures are masked by spinning PR or fudging numbers to give the illusion of success. You don’t need many – one or two to begin.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I decided to create a “sounding board” opportunity for people to step away from their stressful life situations and grow within a community. I saw five years ago that the traditional form of marketing and PR was going the way of the dinosaur if digital weren’t a huge component and direction of the business offering. Penney Esq.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Maybe this is because I run offshore software development company and have seen a LOT of people coming asking for help after dealing with freelancers. Now I see that is a whole community that is developing their big ideas such as me. Personally I cant imagine myself hiring devs from Odesk, etc. BTW: great keynote at Railsconf!