article thumbnail

Where to Find High-Quality Drone Parts and Accessories

The Startup Magazine

For example, NW Blue Portland built its reputation by only selling carefully vetted components hand-picked for reliability, unlike mass-market generalists pushing volume over quality. Savvy drone buyers weigh specifications, capabilities, and reviewer experiences before purchasing rather than simply sorting price: low to high.

article thumbnail

Urban Airship Meeting Rules

Feld Thoughts

He and his team are building an amazing company in Portland. The other day, I got an email from my partner Jason with a photo of the Urban Airship Meeting Rules posted on the wall. Urban Airship, Tello and the Power of Community. But even more impressive is how Scott leads his company. Related articles.

Portland 190
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

When Customer Development and the Lean Startup were just a sketch on the napkin, Dino Vendetti, a VC at Bay Partners, was one of the first venture capitalists I shared my ideas with. It’s home to a small but growing tech community that has been developing over the past decade, and that’s what piqued my interest. What’s Different.

article thumbnail

Where Does Foundry Group Invest?

Feld Thoughts

In it, he talked about his own experience expanding his investment horizons beyond the bay area, but also mentioned some other folks, including us and USV, where he did a quick analysis of the location of our partner funds. Hopefully, we will continue to help develop and expand existing and new startup communities.

article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

My partner Greg Bettinelli gave me the idea for the title of this post because he ran a breakout session at the Upfront Summit titled “How to Out Amazon, Amazon.” When we look at investing in companies we often look at their communities and the social engagement as an indicator of whether there is organic demand for the product (vs.

Curation 296
article thumbnail

Taking Service To The Stratosphere: 12 Keys To Creating Uplifting Service In Today’s Marketplace

YoungUpstarts

Many Partners, Many Missions, One Changi.” But that’s not everything the company’s customers and partners value. In Portland, Oregon, Apple buses senior citizens from the local community center to its stores and teaches them to use a computer, some for the very first time. Engaging Service Vision.

Singapore 170
article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Vancouver

ReadWriteStart

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Portland too. Vancouver has a number of local events and programs that connect and support members of the community, including Vancouver GreenTech Exchange, Vancouver Startup Weekend, Mobile Mondays, and BCIC-New Ventures Competition. Then there's Seattle, of course.