article thumbnail

The Sad Truth About Small Business Decision Making…

Up and Running

Problem: one of the things I really like about startups and small businesses is also a frequent problem with the way they make decisions. I love how so many startups and most small businesses are communities that work like small groups without a lot of hierarchy and structure. Let me explain. .

article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Business They are Starting this Year

Hearpreneur

Only here can you develop and personalize your own things with your own unique designs. If there's a lot of passion and pride in a community, you can launch a t-shirt shop with clever slogans for developers or references that appeal to cat owners. 4- Web development. What business are you starting next year?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Add Serious Value to Your Online Community

Duct Tape Marketing

How to Add Serious Value to Your Online Community written by Guest Post read more at Small Business Marketing Blog from Duct Tape Marketing. Perhaps that’s why online communities are so good at generating business referrals? Developing an online community is all about engagement.

article thumbnail

Small Business and Startups: End-of-Year Mishegoss, 2013!

crowdSPRING Blog

Every year I have to sit you down and explain to you the importance of preparing for the end of year madness that every small business is required to experience. Make sure your user agreement and About Us pages are up-to-date and plan to work with your web developers to make sure everything is ship shape. Clean house.

article thumbnail

Lean Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses and Startups

crowdSPRING Blog

Small businesses and startups face many challenges when marketing their products and services. Small businesses and startups have minimal brand recognition, are often located in geographic or demographic areas that limit their marketing options, and most have small (or non-existent) marketing budgets.

Lean 129
article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

We’ve recently discussed several useful topics for small businesses and startups, including naming your company , how to make you taglines stand out from the crowd., Today, we’ll cover web design marketing best practices and tips for small business. and tips for buyers looking for logo design.

article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

We’ve recently discussed several useful topics for small businesses and startups, including naming your company , how to make you taglines stand out from the crowd., Today, we’ll cover web design marketing best practices and tips for small business. and tips for buyers looking for logo design.