article thumbnail

Why The Government is Isn’t a Bigger Version of a Startup

Steve Blank

academia was engaged in weapon systems research for the Defense Department and intelligence community. One of the unintended consequences was that many of the academics went off to found a wave of startups selling their technology to the military. Some of the speed is simply due to development methodologies.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Future Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

We've also seen extensive use of technology and increased remote working. 1- Seamless integration of digital technology. Construction companies are increasingly employing this technology to sell as many units as possible before the structure is completed. 9- Increased use of voice recognition technology. 14- Workcation.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Ginger Jones saw a way she could help her community and the world as a whole, so she started a business called Jones Therapy Services. Thanks to Mark Lindquist, Community Phone ! #13- By creating OptoCeutics, I'm truly allowed to lead by example and lay the groundwork for a healthier world by pioneering medical technology.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Role of a Mentor in Their Business

Hearpreneur

And while he doesn’t technically work for the rest of my business, I feel like he does through me. Thanks to Ryne Lambert, Sell My House In Wisconsin ! . #15- Thanks to Chris Campbell, Review Trackers ! #22- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Devon Fata, Pixoul ! #7- 7- Provides motivation.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Share Their Tips and Tricks of Staying Motivated

Hearpreneur

I like to enjoy the time I have to myself and be present while eating, resisting the urge to be on my phone or use any technology. Maybe there are gaps in my technical knowledge that I need to research further. I review my list of 1, 3, 5 and 10 year goals on a daily basis. Thanks to Ryne Lambert, Sell My House In Wisconsin ! #26-

article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: ThriftyWrench.com

crowdSPRING Blog

Though ThriftyWrench is only available in western Wisconsin currently, they are hoping to expand into the Minneapolis-St. To make our service even better, in the coming months we will be adding a repair shop review section where you will be able to see real ratings from verified customers to make this process even easier for you.

article thumbnail

The Dos And Don’ts Of Selling Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please! So if you pay cash for a small business, and there are limits to the ability that a buyer has to do due diligence because certain information just isn't available in a lot of small businesses. So they're fearful. And so they're going to give the new person a chance.