Remove 1995 Remove Community Remove Global Remove Networking
article thumbnail

The Magic of the Irish – Dublin’s Resurgence on the Global Tech Scene

Both Sides of the Table

Between 1995-2002 I visited often – especially since I founded my first company there. It was the best 5 days of networking I spent last year. But for all of the speakers Paddy brought over he also organized private events for us to network amongst ourselves. Scenes from my counter-top on my last night in Dublin.

Ireland 392
article thumbnail

Six Nudges: Creating A Sense Of Urgency For Higher Conversion Rates!

Occam's Razor

Below is a collection of nudges, curated from my global experiences, influenced by research and data I’ve access to. Yes, from 1995! The last couple of months have not been great for social networks. Community and sharing are core to who we are as humans. Yes, from 1995! In-stock status. Life of current price.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Soundbites from the future

Start Up Blog

Un-Social Networking: Martin Lindstrom of Brand Sense says we are suffering a little from digital emptiness. Unlike previous generations young Australians are participating in community activity, many of which do not involve any economic incentives. People are doing small scale, networked and highly responsive activities.

Moldova 91
article thumbnail

What is Coworking? Everything You Need to Know

Austin Startup

However, the seeds had been planted between 1995 and 1999 with the opening of several hackerspaces and “work clubs” devoted to bringing people together and instilling a sense of community while working. Throughout the day, you might chitchat and network with other people in the common areas?—?people

Austin 48
article thumbnail

The Female Austinite’s Guide to Making Quality Friends.

Austin Startup

I’m going to share a few of these networks where it will be almost impossible not to meet some incredible female friends. The Girls Empowerment Network (GEN) supports and guides girls to make wise choices as they navigate the unique pressures of girlhood. One way is getting involved in different organizations. BossBabes ATX Who?

Austin 48
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. He was an Institutional Investor ranked analyst for several years.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Netscape and Opsware, which he helped found, went public with single-class share structures in 1995 and 2001, respectively. Journal Community. Journal Community. Journal Community. Journal Community. Why Register? Todays Paper.