Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Security
article thumbnail

Why Bitcoin is Gaining Worldwide Popularity

The Startup Magazine

Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer decentralised form of digital currency that uses cryptography to maintain security and anonymity (Nakamoto 2008). Bitcoin has recently exploded in popularity, becoming almost mainstream.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

background I wanted to serve our community with I.T. 12- Securing a 4 letter domain. We were able to secure the domain pretty inexpensively. In 1998, The On-Purpose Business Person was released and also become a best-seller. The Ferry godmother has become a sign of hope for the community, the voice of all people.

Naming 84
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Panel 1 – How Social Investing is Disrupting Traditional Investing in Public Securities. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. Mr. Lindzon continues to manage a hedge fund he started in 1998.

article thumbnail

The Hard Thing About a Hard City: Why I Support Kathryn Garcia for Mayor of NYC

This is going to be BIG.

I trust her to hear out the community, gather all the data, and, unlike our current Towering Ineptitude, actually make a decision—one that she believes is right for New York, not just politically popular. She wants to figure out how to finance the billions of dollars in much-needed NYCHA repairs. Kathryn is exceedingly practical.

Campaign 144
article thumbnail

Netflix vs. Blockbuster and bad profits (reflections from my Bazaarvoice days)

Austin Startup

Then in 1998 along came a tiny company in Los Gatos, California named Netflix. And don’t get me started on how great of a job Netflix does in creating high switching costs (or “community stickiness”) with all of its great ratings and social networking features. Finance tells a dramatic story since then. It worked, big time.

article thumbnail

Growthink Innovation Series: FinTech

Growthink Blog

Alo Ghosh has over 35 years of experience on the frontiers of FinTech including teaching finance at Wharton, co-leading McKinsey's Finance practice, running a $4 Billion sovereign wealth fund, and is now an angel investor in 2 deep learning based FinTech startups. Mr. Alo Ghosh.

article thumbnail

People are the whole game - Startups and angels: Along the way to.

Tim Keane

You are all the future of job growth, wealth creation and better communities.   We paid millions in wages in two communities and saw hundreds of employees achieve their dreams of college for kids, second homes – whatever their dream was.   They create wealth for themselves, their employees and their communities.