Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Naming Remove Security
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. I landed on the brand name of Bizzy for my beverage company through a simple several step process. 1- Three simple steps.

Naming 84
article thumbnail

19 Psychological Tactics for Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns

ConversionXL

For example, digital startups are more likely to secure funding if someone on their founding team holds a doctoral degree. But indirect reciprocity plays a powerful role in online communities, such as open-source development. Crowdfunding communities are no different. How can you reveal your reputation?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Probable and Improbable Lobbying Wins: The 1,000-stockholder Rule

Gust

Talented entrepreneurs are nothing if not resilient in the face of change: Market forces, competitive threats, technological shifts, you name it. I will leave it to law professor Eric Goldman to articulate better than I could why “ this law mortally threatens the entire UGC community.”

IPO 110
article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. We asked entrepreneurs and business owners how they came up with their business name. #1- 1- Suggestive and evocative name.

Naming 102
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Panel 1 – How Social Investing is Disrupting Traditional Investing in Public Securities. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. Mr. Lindzon continues to manage a hedge fund he started in 1998. Moderator: Robert Savage, CEO, Track.com.

article thumbnail

Netflix vs. Blockbuster and bad profits (reflections from my Bazaarvoice days)

Austin Startup

The name of the last part? First, just to provide a foundation here, Bazaarvoice was named after Chapter 4 of “The Cluetrain Manifesto” (available for free online), “ Markets Are Conversations ”. And the Blockbuster name became synonymous with late fees. Netflix vs. Blockbuster: Round Four (Lights Out?)”

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.