Remove 1999 Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Entrepreneur
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

There was a lot of consumer internet activity again…resurgence of things, but it was still mysterious, venture capital was still kind of closed, 1st time entrepreneurs had a lot of questions that were unanswered, and there was still some sort of hand waiving around all the financing stuff and so we took it on….”. Distribution.

article thumbnail

How 99Designs.com came to be

Sophia Perl of Wisdom

I love hearing stories of entrepreneurs, it keeps me motivated and there are always great lessons to be learned. At first glance, Mickiewicz is a very happy-g0-lucky type of guy, but don’t be fooled because he is a serious entrepreneur. The main difference is that they were able to leverage their distribution channel.

EC2 53
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learn your Austin ABC’s and become a local super-connector

Austin Startup

I used to meet a high profile entrepreneur or investor moving here every month and now it seems it’s one or two a week. Andy is a global thought leader in remote work, telecommuting, and distributed workforces having served as CEO of Crossover and Sococo and on the board of Texas Central, our new bullet train.

Austin 110
article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

Women Rising: Microfinance institutions have known for years that women have higher repayment rates than men and that women are more likely to invest the borrowed capital back into their families and local communities. Nothing seems impossible anymore.

article thumbnail

I Want My CIC! … The Benefits for Startups to Be Co-Located

Both Sides of the Table

This past December I spent a week in Boston to try to get to know some of the local VC’s and entrepreneurs a bit better. I believe that first-time entrepreneurs also benefit hugely from working in close proximity to other companies. Entrepreneurs need to share more information with each other.

article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Entrepreneur news from reporter Eric Markowitz. Before Roving Software could receive its first round of financing from professional investors, in early 1999, he had to put all the stock arrangements in writing. Get powerful communication & collaboration tools to help grow your business. Forgot login ?

article thumbnail

Playing Startup

View from Seed

My first startup job was as an early employee at PayPal, where I took a job at the end of ‘1999 and started a few months later in 2000. I’d like to think that I worked hard, but I was probably in the middle of the distribution of my colleagues at both PayPal and LinkedIn in terms of work ethic… neither the slacker nor the hardest worker.

Startup 120