Remove 1999 Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

Thank you to the Austin Technology Incubator at UT Austin for creating the Austin startup scene as…

Austin Startup

Thank you to the Austin Technology Incubator at UT Austin for creating the Austin startup scene as we know it! This is no exaggeration: Austin’s startup community would not have taken off without the solid foundation laid by the Austin Technology Incubator , the longest running active tech incubator in the United States.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

Trying to name a business in the philanthropy tech space was difficult. My wife and I co-founded our Web development and digital marketing agency atCommunications, LLC in 1999. Moving from one career to another, it was important to share the vision of Justice and community safety by sharing our name and background in plain sight.

Naming 152
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

My initial desire to blog came from something that’s always been my approach to investing – I’m a nerd and I love to play with the technology and part of my approach has really been to understand things both at a user level and at a reasonably deep tentacle level. Brad on blogging. How did you start blogging? “My was starting.

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: New Assessment Tool For Entrepreneurs

ReadWriteStart

We have done almost 90 roundtables so far and, based on this extensive experience of learning directly from entrepreneurs about their core issues, 1M/1M has just launched a new assessment tool for entrepreneurs. I asked him to review the TrueCFO project in my Vision India 2020 book. He currently has a 1999 strategy.

Spain 115
article thumbnail

How and Why To Be an Angel Investor

David Teten

Angel investors are generally former entrepreneurs and/or executives, who invest in privately-held, early-stage companies. These companies can range from tech startups to food trucks to retail stores. approx 1999-07. Lastly, angels want to serve as mentors to the next generation of entrepreneurs. 1961- 1996.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

Being an outsider, I also wanted to lean heavily on the actual research available on the subject, as well as the voices of women both in the tech space and who have successfully received venture funding. A rare success. A rare success. Giadha Aguirre de Carcer has had an impressive career. Giadha Aguirre de Carcer via Her Agenda.

article thumbnail

Why Every Company Needs A DevOps Team Now

Feld Thoughts

Following is a guest post on DevOps by Gene Kim , Multiple Award-Winning CTO, Researcher, Visible Ops Co-Author, Entrepreneur & Founder of Tripwire. Since 1999, my passion has been studying high performing IT organizations. This means that technical debt starts to increase. That moment is now. Enter the Developers.

Phoenix 175