Remove 1999 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Partner
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

Enventys Partners was born when my company Command Partners, a digital marketing firm, vertically merged with Enventys, a product development firm. With that merger, half of each of our business’ names also merged, and that’s how we came up with ‘Enventys Partners’. Thanks to Roy Morejon, Enventys Partners ! #10-

Naming 153
article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

To this day, although New Frontier Data has been successful, Aguirre de Carcer still feels the effects of biases against women that are often held by the business and tech communities. According to Fortune , in 2006, female founders were involved in only 2.95 Teams of male and female founders and the implication for team composition.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Turing Distinguished Leader Series: With Partner David Zhang, TVC

ReadWriteStart

How to Scale Unicorns With Partner David Zhang, TVC. Joining us for this episode is our partner David Zhang, Partner at TCV (( Technology Crossover Ventures ). I’m a partner at TCV, which we founded in 1996. So, think of the typical two founders with a pitch book in a garage. Jonathan Siddharth .

Partner 132
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

If you are going to do the tour up and down Sandhill Road to try and raise your 1st round of financing you need a pitch deck because the vast majority of those meetings you are going to be sitting around a table and you will be presenting to one or more partners and that is going to be your first engagement.”. Is that when it became big?

article thumbnail

May Business Angels Spread Their Wings Over Kenya?

Transformify

Despite Kenya has been named as the fasted growing payments market in Africa, there is still a lot to be done to develop the local business angel community. I met Innocent Moranga, the founder of the Founder Magazine , at a round table peer group at CEOWorld. All this inspired Innocent Moranga to found the Founder Magazine.

Kenya 45
article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Andreessen Horowitz is telling entrepreneurs it prefers situations where the founders have controlling stakes, reckoning that theyll be better able to resist outside distraction and focus on making great products. Why Register? Personalize your own news page.

article thumbnail

How and Why To Be an Angel Investor

David Teten

Dave Kerpen, founder and CEO of Likeable Local , just published an interview with me on Linkedin, which I’ve included below. approx 1999-07. John Frankel started as an individual angel investor in New York in 1999. Enter Dave: Angel investing is a great way to make a lot of money. 1961- 1996.