Remove 1999 Remove Community Remove Operations Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Roofing Exec by Day, Firefighter by Night – Joe’s Timely Leadership Lessons

YoungUpstarts

Serving his community that evening as their Volunteer Fire Chief, Joe diligently scanned his first responder radio for any sign of distress. I saw Joe the Chief Operating Officer and Volunteer Fire Chief recently. Local fire professionals trembled at the probability of a second and larger blast. It was a bleak picture. Some shed tears.

article thumbnail

Hiring A Web Developer: 11 Questions You Must Ask Ahead Of Time

YoungUpstarts

This is why a responsible developer installs a CMS to give the clients a level of control over the day-to-day operations, while still forming a partnership for any technical needs down the road. Uri Foox is the founder of Pixafy , a NYC-based web development and technology firm. Can you break down the process for me from start to end?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

My initial desire to blog came from something that’s always been my approach to investing – I’m a nerd and I love to play with the technology and part of my approach has really been to understand things both at a user level and at a reasonably deep tentacle level. I do something I now call community hours. Brad on blogging.

article thumbnail

Why Every Company Needs A DevOps Team Now

Feld Thoughts

Since 1999, my passion has been studying high performing IT organizations. Over the years, I’ve come to believe with moral certainty that everyone needs DevOps now, especially software startups where the successful execution of Development and IT Operations preordain success or failure. That moment is now. Enter the Developers.

Phoenix 175
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Becoming a More Customer Centric Organization

Both Sides of the Table

The world has changed much since I started my first company in 1999. They attended property management association meetings in Oregon outside of the technology echo chamber of California to get a sense for people’s daily problems. But he didn’t grow up with technology. Turn Your Organization Inside Out.

Customer 280
article thumbnail

Opportunities For Wealth Building In Newcastle

YoungUpstarts

In recent years, its technology, manufacture, and service industry became the source of the city’s wealth. In 1885, Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited (BHP) began mining operations of silver, zinc and lead in Broken Hill, NSW. Mining and steelworks have dominated the industry in Newcastle up until BHP closed in 1999.

Australia 204
article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

I don’t know how it operates behind closed doors. To this day, although New Frontier Data has been successful, Aguirre de Carcer still feels the effects of biases against women that are often held by the business and tech communities. I don’t know this world on an intimate, personal level. And if I tried to find out?