Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. I don’t believe that search is the only answer in 2010 as it was in 2000. They bought distribution and engineering talent. 10 million in Series B Menlo Ventures , Steamboat. There is also another inherent weakness.

article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

Each of the SBIC funds were raised in the 2000 – 2002 time period. The SBIC was instrumental in the creation of the venture capital business. Bill Draper, the first West Coast venture capitalist, has been more blunt: “[Without it] I never would have gotten into venture capital.

SBIC 142
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. I also plan to price it low so it has the potential for broad distribution. Entrepreneurs.

Community 142
article thumbnail

Will Work for Equity - Investing in Clients - Arizona Bay

www.inc.com

Join our community. Dave Graham Business Venture Capital Private Equity GlobalLogic Inc. Venture Capital Firms. Jumpstart was one of Grahams first clients; it signed on shortly after he founded Arizona Bay, in 2000. ); Login or signup. Welcome | Logout. Login using: Use your Inc.com account: Forgot login ?

Arizona 40
article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

TL:DR : This post aims to recap significant changes in the venture capital industry over the past ten years, and then make some [biased] predictions as to major forces at play in the next five years. However, all three shifts are related and can be summed up simply as: Geeks are Taking Over Venture Capital.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. In San Antonio we take great pride in our diverse, artistic, affordable and culturally rich community filled with a young and burgeoning creative class workforce.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Top 20 U.S. Tech Conferences Every Startup And SMB Should Check Out

YoungUpstarts

Join others who code to change the world for the better and explore distributed computing, examine the confluence between businesses and technology, and debate the power of technology on urban development. This three day conference has become the “must-attend” event for anyone who is active or new to the startup-community. FutureStack.

Las Vegas 165