Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Europe Remove Internet
article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After I looked like a slob on the biggest day of my life I scoured the internet to find the solution I was looking for. At that time, in the year 2000 there were no spam filters so it was pretty easy to contact other translation companies to setup cooperation. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

The End Of The Road For Web Services

blogs.computerworlduk.com

In case your computer industry history is lacking, WS-I is the industry consortium that got together a decade ago to create specifications for Web Services protocols (note the capitals, so as not to confuse with actual internet services that use HTTP and REST for loosely-coupled data access).

Web 51
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Maximilian (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. I feel naked without the internet.

article thumbnail

French Tax Law for Start-ups: Ringing the Alarm Bell

Cracking the Code

Instead of increasing the tax burden on these companies driving job creation, why not take full advantage of this evolution of the tax law to position France as the most attractive country for entrepreneurs in Europe? Indeed, France enjoys the highest penetration rate for broadband in Europe (32.7% for France vs. 26.5%

France 71
article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

With today’s access to the Internet, and Google searches, it really isn’t that hard. They claim to have already raised over $560 million for 1400 startups, primarily in the US and Europe. This group claims to be the largest angel investment community in the world. Here are the largest flocks: Gust (formerly AngelSoft).

article thumbnail

App is Crap (why Apple is bad for your health)

Both Sides of the Table

I was living in Europe in 2000 when the first WAP phones (Wireless Access Protocol) were introduced. They were going to bring the Internet to your mobile phones ushering in the era of “m-commerce.&# Gag. You – being members of the technology community. Absolute Power Corrupts, Absolutely. To an extent.

Flash 326
article thumbnail

Finding The Right Angel Investor For Your New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

With today’s access to the Internet, and Google searches, it really isn’t that hard. They claim to have already raised over $560 million for 1400 startups, primarily in the US and Europe. This group claims to be the largest angel investment community in the world. Here are the largest flocks: Gust (formerly AngelSoft).